Dragonfly is looking for a Community Lead to serve as the founding member of the Community function. Dragonfly is a drop-in Redis replacement that is high-performance, low-complexity, and built for scale. Dragonfly's modern architecture enables it to scale vertically to support millions of requests per second and terabyte-sized workloads, all on a single instance.
While the company is less than a year old, Dragonfly has already amassed a large developer community (20K Github stars, active Discord), and this role has the opportunity to build on and scale that momentum.
Your job will be to make sure that the Dragonfly developer community is active, engaged, and growing. This is a high-impact, founding role in a company that is aiming to disrupt an extremely large market. You will have the autonomy to lead initiatives and work across teams to ensure maximum impact.
Join us in our mission to shape the future of in-memory datastores by providing a well-designed, ultra-fast, and cost-effective solution for cloud workloads. Together we will enable the software development community to reach its full potential and accelerate human innovation.
- Build, lead, and execute the community strategy focused on user adoption, onboarding, and advocates.
- Be active in the community - this includes engaging on internal and external social media, chat, events and more.
- Seek out and make it easy for users to share their story through blogs, Q&A sessions, conference talks, Dragonfly community meetings, etc.
- Seek out and manage community events - these include monthly community meetings, workshops, community show and tells, conferences, meetups, podcasts, and more.
- Create content - this will include engaging social content for Twitter, Discord, YouTube, and more.
- Build relationships - you will be the face of the community in many ways and it’s important that you are actively fostering relationships with community members.
- Be creative - you will think of new strategies to engage and grow the community.
- Keep a steady pulse on growth metrics, what is influencing growth, and where we should focus our efforts.
- Experience building active, healthy, growing communities (ideally around open source software).
- An understanding of the software development ecosystem and toolsets.
- A high energy, outgoing personality.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (this is an early stage startup!).
- Native level English.